"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." Noah "The Notebook"
We have already talked about boys and all of the rules for boys are also apply to men. There are some differences however that separate men from boys (even good boys). I will highlight some of these differences.
- Men accept responsibility for their actions. They apologize for making mistakes and learn from them.
- Men go out of their way to take care of their mate, children and other family members.
- Men do cry, not all the time, but they are not afraid to shed a tear when the moment calls for it.
- Men do have the ability to stay faithful. They may try to tell you they are not designed for it... what this means is they are not "designed" for you.
- A man can balance work, family and fun.
- Men do not play video games to the point that it interferes with their responsibilities. This also goes for any other leisure activity.
- Men will change their child's diapers
- A man will not put down your appearance
- A man is gentle
- Men like to be cuddled, they may not ask for it but they do, just not in public ;)
- There is no man out there that is worth giving up your dream for. A good man will support your dreams and help you reach them.
- A man is honest
- A man is just a man, he is not a super hero.
- Remember the true test of a man is how he can handle conflict, not how dazzles you in the beginning.
- A man should try to dazzle you in the beginning ;) (Even if it is just sharing pizza under the stars.)
- Romantic comedies are movies. Stop waiting for a man to save you, it is not their job...
- ...but they should be supportive and never weigh you down either.
- A man should always try, and you should always recognize his efforts.
- A man should be your partner, your support, and your friend. He shouldn't be your everything. He actually prefers you to have other hobbies.