Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not on my mind

Someone brought up my X yesterday and I realized it was the first time I had thought about him in days. He is just not on my mind much these days.

I think about work, bills, my family, friends, cleaning, cooking and of course my daughter... Yes, he does cross my mind when I speak about divorce or when I speak to his sister, but he is not a part of my everday life. Since cutting off all contact my life has been much happier. PERIOD. His pressence was a poison and I feel like I came out of detox.

On another note, my daughter had her 9 month appt and it went really well! She is physically strong and developmentally ahead of the game :) She is still a big girl. In the 97th percentile for height and 96th for weight. She was an ANGEL during her appointment... I was proud yet confused as to who that child was lol! She sat still, laughed, held her mouth open on command and only cried for a couple seconds when she got her shots! The doctor commented on how happy she was, saying, and I quote: She is one of the best babies I have ever seen" Score one for Caroline and Mommy!

Goes to show you that when you feel truly happy on your own, it can rub off on those around you.

No comments: