Monday, January 16, 2012

A day off

I have the day off today and decided to enjoy it with my BFF and Nugget. I am still recovering from a migraine I had yesterday, so we are just staying in at BFF's house.

Yesterday was a very hard day for me. I went in to get a massage and as soon as I stood up from the table I was hit with a horrible headache. Those of you who have had massages have probably been told that this can happen since massage can release a lot of toxins into your system. I drank water before and after, but this headache hit hard. By the time I got home it was a full blown migraine and I was bed ridden. My parents had to take over with Nugget. All I could do is take medicine and lay there in pain.

There is nothing more humbling than incapacitated. As a single parent I thank the lord every day for my support system. How could I have gotten through yesterday or any other like it without them? I know there are a lot of single parents/military parents who do this... I tip my hat to you. I wanted to spend the day with my daughter, but instead I felt like I could barely open my eyes let alone chase a toddler.

My parents have been there since day one. My mom was in the delivery room with me when I had my c-section, my dad and my sister were in the waiting room outside. they have helped me with diapers, pick-ups and drop offs and everything in between. I tell them all the time, but I hope they really understand how much I appreciate them.

No comments: