Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Third Christmas!

This is my third Christmas with Nugget, as an only parent and it was wonderful! She is now at the age where she understand (to an extent) who Santa is and Baby Jesus and why we give/get presents on this holiday. We spent time together reading books, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies and making Christmas crafts. I have to admit I gave in to peer pressure and bought us our very own Elf on a Shelf… Our elf is named Hattie, and while Nugget LOVED her I have to say our elf seemed to be a little less creative than other elves out there. I guess she will have to up her game next year!




Being a single or only parent does not mean there is something missing at Christmas (or whatever Holiday you may celebrate). There is more than enough love and light in our households to make children feel the magic. This is true for any holiday at any time of year. If you are at the beginning of your journey or just stuck in a rut I think it is important to make a list of activities that you can do together as a family, or even by yourself to bring back a little magic and happiness. Feeling like you are having a blue Christmas? Maybe you just need to make a popcorn chain or take a drive around the neighborhood and look at the lights.



I know this may not help now that Christmas is over, but keep it in mind for the next holiday or extend Christmas and enjoy the spirit a little bit longer! The New year is coming and I think I will start by making a post about how to make you small family feel whole… so stay tuned!

No comments: