Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I am my own Valentine. Yes, I could have made it my daughter, friends or family… but I WANT to be my own Valentine. I have chosen to be alone this year. In the past I was single b/c I felt like nobody wanted me or I was dumped or other outside reasons. Not this year. There is no bitterness or jealousy towards my married/coupled friends. I am happy for them; in fact I helped my BFF pick out the shoes she would be wearing to her V-day dinner with her husband. All of the sappy messages, flowers being sent to work, and other such things used to make me angry or sad. I wanted to get flowers and feel special. That is what it was… I wanted to feel special. I was looking for another person to validate me and tell me that I was an amazing person.


This year I already feel special. I have a confidence that I have never had before. My alone time is wonderful. I LOVE having the freedom that comes with being single. I can focus on Nugget and myself without feeling guilty. I do not want to sound cocky, but I could have easily gotten a date or even had a boyfriend on V-Day… truth is most people could find someone. Please remember thought singles that “someone” or “just anybody” is not good enough.
I have fallen in love with myself. There may be bad days, fights and negative things will most likely be said sometime in the future, but I am in this one for the long haul.

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!

No comments: