Thursday, June 13, 2013

3 Years

Can you believe it? It has been 3 years since The Day That Changed Everything! When I was going through it time seemed to crawl and then stand still for long periods, now time is flying by. It is also hard to imagine that this day would come and I would completely forget about it, but I did. I only realized yesterday that it was almost mid-June, June 8th was the actual day that everything happened. See that people, time does make things easier.


Remember all of those clichés that drive us nuts when you are dealing with a tough situation? Most of them are true, at least to a point.

“Time heals all wounds.” Yes. There will always be scars, but the wound will heal. Memories will still feel like a punch in the gut, but the blows become less and less.

“God only gives us what we can handle.” I believe this as well. The problem is, not everyone chooses to rise to the challenge. The strength is there, but you have to work your muscles and it helps beyond words to have others around you to help you carry the load.

“Everything happens for a reason.” True. Remember to open your eyes and think about what the reason may be. I have talked to people who have been through much worse than me, yet they have found meaning behind their tragedy. Mine is easy, without my X I would not have my daughter.
Those of you that have been with me from the whole journey, thank you for helping me through it. Those who are new, hopefully you can read the past entries and learn something.

No comments: