Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Why is a raven like a writing desk?


I don’t have the slightest idea! Like Alice wondering through wonderland I tend to have times where I feel like I have no grasp on reality or what I am doing. It is still strange to me that I am a mother sometimes. I crave alone time, yet miss the Nugget when she is gone. This tiny person who is now walking, talking and asking questions is relying on me to make the beginning of her life as happy and fruitful as possible.

Nugget is happy. That is what is important. The fact that I almost never even attempt to put on make-up or wear clothing beyond the same 3 pairs of shorts and 5 shirts has yet to be noticed be my daughter. I will worry about embarrassing her when she is older. I PROMISE to try harder before she is in middle school! Until then 10 mins of sleep is more valuable to both of us than my mascara. At that point I won’t be paying for daycare (not that I won’t have other expenses like sports/activities…) and maybe I will be able to afford some nicer clothing. One thing I know for sure is I will at least be able to use the restroom alone!

I have all of these grand ideas of how I will do the laundry when I get home and workout during the 23 minutes the clothes will be running through the cycle. HAHA! Silly Becca! I get home, make or serve dinner, get Nugget in bed only to realize I have no energy left. I mean NONE! I fall asleep after forcing myself to clear the dishes from dinner and showering. It is beyond me how some of these women do it. ::slow clap for the super moms who clean and workout every single day:: The weekend is the time I use to deep clean, organize and other misc. errands. I am lucky to get this done too, because as we all know there is always something that can come up, and of course we HAVE to make time for our children  Poor Nugget deserves some time with me where I am not scrubbing, folding or cooking.
Anyway! I know this post may be somewhat deja vu and disjointed… but as I said in the beginning there are days where I do not know what I am doing and I am just lucky to make it through without forget anything major!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Single Mom here too- I hear ya!!