Friday, August 17, 2012

Keeping up

Keeping up with life can sometimes be taxing. Married, single, mother or not, most people have a full schedule. Trying to make things work can be a struggle.

My week has been a whirlwind. I am working on a new research study that has some crazy hours from time to time. This week was one of those times. Fifteen hours straight, 3 hour break, 1 more hour at work, 5 hours of sleep then back to the office....

I thank God for my awesome support system. My parents who kept Nugget overnight when I was running around the hospital, my sister who picked her up from daycare and my brother for moving in and being at home while Nugget slept and I came back into work to do a 6 hour check on my patient.

It takes a village, right? Maybe not, it just takes a family. A family of blood or of friends, big or small. The only thing that matters is willingness to help. I just wanted to give a big "Thank you!" to MY village.

3 comments:

Aly said...

Wow, kuddos to you! I am a single mother of two and I find the Monday-Friday work routine hard enough!!! Amazing job!! It's good that you have such a great support system. I don't know what I would do without my parents support.

Anne said...

Hi, I just found your blog on Top Mommy Blogs. As a single mom, too, I can sooo relate!! I don't know what my daughter and I would do without our support sytem...:)
I'm putting your blog on my blogroll if that's ok?

Anne
www.allaboutelizabeth-anne.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Totally fine! Thanks :)