Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Poop

I have two poop stories... they really are not that gross, but I wanted to make sure you all knew what you were walking into ::wink wink::

I will start with the not so happy, yet funny story....

Last night I was getting Nugget ready for her bath. I cleaned up a poopy diaper and let her hang out in her birthday suit while I got the bath water ready. She decided to use her little stool to reach up to the light switch and flip them on an off repeatedly. After a minute of our little light switch rave she says "Mess!" and starts to whimper/whine. I look down to see she is simultaneausly pooping and jumping off of her stool.. into her "stool".
I was not mad, but I couldn't help but say "OH NO!!". She contiued to say "Mess" while whining. She was not very happy with what was happening. After a small laugh and a not-so-deep breathe I wiped her down with my flushable wipes and got her in the tub while I wiped down the floor and the stool.
It really is quite funny. I mean as a parent our lives practically revolve around poop. It has just never been directly dropped on my floor. On a good note I think this may have been good for Nugget. She recognized that she made a mess with her poop and what it feels like to go #2 without a diaper on. Maybe potty training will not be far off!

My second story is AMAZING!! At least in my eyes and the eyes of other moms with young toddlers. Nugget and I were playing when I had a quick and sudden urge to go to the bathroom. Upon finishing my business I realized there was only 1 sheet of toilet paper! The spare TP was not under the sink... AHHHH!! My only two options were to waddle into the hall with a dirty bumto get some more toilet paper, or ask the Nugget for help. I call Nugget over and told her that mommy needed wipes. Looking her in the eyes I said :
"Get mommy's wipes out of the closet, PLEASE!"
She responded "OK mommy."

I could hear her running out of the room and onto the wood floor of the hallway. I was not expecting much, just thought it was worth a try. Can you believe it? SHE DID IT! She came running back with a roll of toilet paper! I was amazed and thankful. When she saw my reaction she started clapping. That little girl is so awesome.