Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Amazing Day Part 1

I want to update all 2 of my readers on my amazing day! I am going to do it in two parts because my breakfast angel deserves special props.

The day started at 6am when Nugget woke up (for the third time since 3am… not a good start!) and we started to get ready for our BIG DAY. I say BIG DAY because we had a lot scheduled into my one (non-holiday) day off. Her 4 month appt was that morning followed by her first set of professional photos and we rounded out the day with a trip to Target to stock up on diapers and other needs. I was really worried about having her vaccinations and pictures in the same day but I couldn’t take another day off with Christmas/New Years coming up and I could only get my pics done on a weekday. My foster sister works at this portrait studio and set me up with a free package J

Like I said she had a bad night and I was extremely worried that our day was going to be a tough one. Luckily it turns out that Nugget was just backed up and one poopy diaper later she was in a splendid mood! We got her a bath and picked out 4 outfits for the pictures because she spits up a little after eating and I wanted to be super prepared. Grabbed a variety of hair bows, a warm blanket and we were on our way!

Her doc. appt went great! She is a big girl with both weight and height in the 93rd percentile! So Nugget basically looks like a 6 months old and the doctor was impressed with her strength. Looks like I have a little athlete on my hands. Anyway she got her shots and took them like a champ. She cried for about a min but it was a soft whimper and not a complete meltdown. So far, so good!

Next stop was the portrait studio. I was worried that Nug would sleep through the whole shoot but she perked up just before our time. The best thing was that she didn’t fuss or spit up the entire time, even though she was on her belly a lot! Nugget can be a pretty fussy girl, she is not a fan of tummy time and she spits up often… but not yesterday!! It was like she was a whole new baby! M (my foster sister) did and excellent job with Nugget. We had a lot of material to choose from and I was really happy to finally have some professional shots of my little girl. After the pictures were done we went shopping and she slept the whole time.





No comments: