Sunday, October 21, 2012

Musical Inspiration

Over the last 2 years I have found a lot of truth and strength in music. I wanted to share some lines with you and why I respond so much to them. Current songs and past... 

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes you fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone" -Kelly Clarkson, Stronger

This one is kind of a no-brainer. A woman should always know that she is better on her own than she is in a bad relationship. No man should be your everything (and the same goes for you all boys!) Finding true love is amazing and I believe in it, but I know I love myself enough to be happy  should I never find it.

"My heart is breaking for my sister and the con that she called "love"
But when I look into my nephew's eyes,
Man you wouldn't believe, the most amazing things, that can come from,
Some terrible lies" - FUN, Some Nights

I remember the first time I heard this song. When the above lyrics were sung I immediately identified with them. As a rational woman I would have never been with my X had I any idea what he was doing... but then of course I would not have my daughter. It is strange to think this way and I know there are teenage girls out there that think being with an a-hole is worth it if they can have a  baby... GOOD LORD PLEASE DO NOT READ THE LYRICS THIS WAY!!! 

"I wont give up on us
Even if the shy gets rough
I'm giving you all my love
I still looking up" -Jason Mraz, I Wont Give Up

This Jason Mraz song basically reminds me of my relationship with Nugget. I will never give on on us. We are a team. I will do everything in my power to keep us happy, healthy and safe. Single parents out there this should always be your focus. It seems like common sense, but we all know that some people choose to think of their personal life first. 

I have many more songs/lyrics I want to share, but of course my mind is blanking!! So I will make this a series of posts over time when they come to me. :)

No comments: