Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Another Episode of: A Letter from Prison

This past week has been full of excitement for my family. My parents got a "new" (used) car, Nugget turned 3 and had a birthday party to celebrate and I received another letter from my X. Sometimes things are going so well that you need a little reminder that brings you back to reality. Just going to my mail box and seeing the envelope is enough to give me a small anxiety attack.


I could care less what he has to say in regards to the usual "I am so sorry... I think about you guys all the time... please write to me..." These types of ramblings do not affect my emotional state what-so-ever! BUT... get nervous that he may say something about taking me to court, asking for visitation. As soon as I see that it is not mentioned I relax and toss the letter into the junk drawer. I will not answer his letters; I will not give him any information about my life. He can sit there and stew on his crimes and the reality that he is not welcome in Nugget's life.

Some highlights:
"I would like to be in Nugget's life. Any information or pictures you can share with me would be appreciated."

"I wrote to you in November and received no response... this is not a criticism, but it seems like I am the only one making an effort.."

Delusion could be kind of hilarious if it wasn't so scary

3 comments:

Olivia said...

That's tough. I've be just as anxious as you opening a letter.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I read you're entire blog over the course of 2 days and I want to let you know that you are a very strong woman and a great mom. I wasn't personally married to a pedophile, but my sister was and he's also in prison. God bless you and your daughter.

Nurrieum said...

I just found your blog today from a link on thebump.com! I really loved reading it, you are so honest about the struggles you've had and write beautifully. It's a beautiful thing that you've chosen to share this with the world. That's some incredible strength. I hope you keep writing.

-Nurrieum