Monday, January 3, 2011

I made it. 2011

It has been almost 6 months since everything happend. In nine days my STBXH will be in prison and I will be able to take an extended break from everything.

It is 2011. I fought through the hardest period of my life, I made it. 2010 had more tears than any other, required more strength and in the end gave me the most wonderful gifts I have ever received.

My Daughter was born, she is beautiful and healthy. Everyday I look at her and know why I had to go through everything I went through... because sometimes things as wonderful and amazing as her have to be earned. You may have to cross an ocean, fight through a jungle and travel across a desert to reach your treasures.

The other gift I got was strength. I realized that I have more of it than I ever thought. My advice for anyone going through a difficult time in their life is this: It is just a period of time and it will end. You must push back. A reason to smile doesn't always find you, you may have to go looking for it. It will make you stronger and it will be worth it.

I will leave you with my favorite speech given by Winston Churchill:
"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give in. Never give in. Never give in. Never give in."

No comments: